Looking for info on Dave Maurer ceramic media?

This is the general discussion area for the forums at BPCR.net. Anyone who appreciates and enjoys the classic single shot rifles of the late 1800 period is welcome to take part here. Civility in all postings, and respect for your fellow shooters are the primary expectations of all members. Trolls will be removed from the membership without warning or recourse. The Forum owner has the final, and only, say in who is determined to be a troll. Please try to put your posts in the correct forum. (Example: loading tips and questions in the "Cartridge Loading..." forum.) Postings may be moved by the moderator to correct forums if he determines they can be better placed.
Woodtroll
PostsCOLON 31
JoinedCOLON Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:09 pm
LocationCOLON Mtns of SW VA

Looking for info on Dave Maurer ceramic media?

Post by Woodtroll » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:15 pm

Hello, folks!

I read lots of references to Dave Maurer's ceramic media, kits, etc. but can't find a source other than Shiloh, and they are not very descriptive of it. What size and configuration is his media? Where else can I find this media- can I buy it cheaper directly from him? How many pounds in a kit, and approximate cost?

Thanks for your help! Regan

Crash Landing
PostsCOLON 20
JoinedCOLON Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:17 pm
LocationCOLON Arizona
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Crash Landing » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:48 pm

Woodtroll
Here is the link to Arizona Sharpshooters,
http://www.arizonasharpshooters.com/
they sell Dave Mauer's kits. If you have questions, give them a phone call and I'm sure you will get your questions answered. I have been using Dave's media and solution for about three years and find it the best method for cleaning after shooting with black powder.
Crash

crossfireoops
PostsCOLON 767
JoinedCOLON Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:48 am

Media

Post by crossfireoops » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:58 pm

Dave's a good guy,......and his media is the real deal.

Reach him at Dave Maurer <dkittydave@aol.com>

There 'ya go.

GTC

Dave Maurer
PostsCOLON 55
JoinedCOLON Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:34 am

Post by Dave Maurer » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:25 pm

Regan

You got him. I sell the basic 04-05 mm. media for straight cases.These include .45-70,.40-65,and straight pistol cases. Also we sell 03-03 mm. for bottle neck cases down to .25 cal. The kits for rotary tumblers with soap is $48.95 to your door. The kit for vibratory tumblers is $ 58.95 to your door. This is the original media imported from Germany, not the inexpensive domestic stuff some people are selling.
Dave Maurer
9002 Norris Rd. Dewitt,MI.48820
(517)669 9801
dkittydave@aol.com

Woodtroll
PostsCOLON 31
JoinedCOLON Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:09 pm
LocationCOLON Mtns of SW VA

Post by Woodtroll » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Thanks very much for your help, folks!

Mr. Maurer, I'll send you an email shortly.

Y'all take care! Regan

Ray Newman
PostsCOLON 481
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:37 pm
LocationCOLON Bewteen NoWhere & NoPlace, WA ST

Post by Ray Newman » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:31 pm

Dave: what is the difference between the "rotary media" & the "vibrating media"?
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah
WA St F.E.S.

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:54 pm

You better buy the stuff before Dave kicks the bucket :shock: :lol: :lol:

Kelley O.

Ranch 13
PostsCOLON 1583
JoinedCOLON Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:41 am
LocationCOLON Eastern Wy
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Ranch 13 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:44 pm

I'll ask the stupid question of the day as well. :oops:

:?: Whats the difference between rotary and vibrator stuff. I've got a Cabela's vibrator case cleaner tumbler thingy and am thinking there might be something better for it than cornmeal. :idea:

Dave Maurer
PostsCOLON 55

Post by Dave Maurer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:19 am

Kelley
You just screwed up big time!!! Just for that post,I'm leaving the business to you in my will. Just think, you will get to answer some questions like"After I tumble and then pop my primers out the pockets are still dirty".
Dave Maurer

montana_charlie
PostsCOLON 1413
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:35 pm
LocationCOLON West of Great Falls, Montana

Post by montana_charlie » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 am

Ranch 13 wroteCOLONWhats the difference between rotary and vibrator stuff.
According to these guys...no difference.
http://shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9665

CM
Retired...twice. Now, just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Ray Newman
PostsCOLON 481
JoinedCOLON Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:37 pm
LocationCOLON Bewteen NoWhere & NoPlace, WA ST

Post by Ray Newman » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:05 pm

MC: I recall that thread & just re-read.

However, except for two posters, the other posters don't specifically state whose media they are using or if it is the vibratory or tumbler media.

I still wonder what's the difference??....
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah
WA St F.E.S.

Dave Maurer
PostsCOLON 55

Post by Dave Maurer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:22 pm

Ray
With a vibrator the brass must be submerged in the media and it takes more than a rotary tumbler. Our vibrator kit is 8Lbs. the rotary kit is 6Lbs.
Dave

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:03 pm

Dave,

Your funny :lol: :lol: Think I should let these readers in on the laugh :wink:

Hope you make the buffalo shoot.

Kelley O.

Dave Maurer
PostsCOLON 55

Post by Dave Maurer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Kelley
Why not? They all will get a laugh out of it. We will be headed for Yuma in about a week. Harold said he was waiting for me, A good thing,I hope.
Dave

Kelley O. Roos
PostsCOLON 944

Post by Kelley O. Roos » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:28 pm

For one Dave an I are good friend, so naturaly I give Dave a hard :lol:

At The Regional last year I wanted some more of Dave media, cleaner & patches. Well this gentleman was sitting there listening as I asked Dave for what I wanted & this is how I put it :lol: Hey Dave I need to buy media & stuff before you kick the bucket, you see Dave had a stint placed in an artery by his heart. This gentleman heard my comment, to say the least he was pretty indigent, I think if he could have gotten away with it he would have bitch slaped me :shock: :lol: :lol: & had to tell me so :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: He calmed down when I explained to him Dave & I are friends. :D It makes for a good laugh. :lol:

I also call Dave a used car salesman :lol: :lol: :lol: Daves retired from the Olds. division of G.M., Dave knows Harry Gant one of my favorite NASCAR drivers when Harry drove.

Kelley O.

BUTTON_POST_REPLY